[OpenAFS] nt client wont start

Pete Shinners pete@shinners.org
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 16:56:27 -0700

note that i still cannot get my winnt system to connect to my linux
afs server. i've uncovered a bit more info along the way. first i
can confirm i have 'administrator' priveledges on the NT machine.
i've tried connecting to afs at login, as well as manually starting
the server, same results.

i just checked with the nt event log and found this..
"""
The description for Event ID ( 230 ) in Source ( AFS Client ) could
not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): Error
at file afsd_service.c, line 230: can't find root volume in root cell.
"""
i'm not exactly sure what to make of this. i've named my root volume
"root.afs" followed by "root.cell". i assume it is looking for these
but cannot find them? i am just testing with an afs cell named "tmp"
for now. and it looks like the NT client is set to use this properly.

i'm still not entirely certain the server is up and running
properly, but it is working as i'd expect when i running local on it.