[OpenAFS] no quorum elected

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
09 Jun 2002 17:02:14 +0200

    Derek> This message comes out occassionally -- how do you know
    Derek> you're not in quorum?

I don't even know what a quorum IS. It's just that I can't get OpenAFS
to work on ANY of my SPARCs so I started with the only error I could find,
thinking that THAT might be a problem. The exact (!) same source works on
my i386 just fine. Could it have something to do with the architecture?

IF it haven't anything to do with 'no quorum elected', then I don't know.

Installing OpenAFS client and server on tuzjfi works fine, I seem to be
able to startup the server(s). Creating the new cell also seem to work
and the {file,pt,vl,vol,bu}server processes start up propperly.

It's when I try to configure/start the client part that 'something'
happens. Or at least when I try to setup the root volume(s)...

In Debian GNU/Linux you setup/configure AFS with two shell script, afs-newcell
and afs-rootvol. The first script goes well, then it's time to 'kinit && aklog'
which also works... The 'afs-rootvol' script starts by doing this:

----- s n i p -----
   fs sa /afs system:anyuser rl
   vos create tuzjfi.bayour.com a root.cell -localauth
   fs mkm /afs/bayour.com root.cell -cell bayour.com  -fast
----- s n i p -----

It's the last line that fails. It say:
----- s n i p -----
fs: File '/afs/bayour.com' doesn't exist
----- s n i p -----

I started all over again (for the fifth or sixth time). This time I tripple
checked EVERY config file I could find. All of them look ok compared to
papadoc's...
I did find a minor quirk. The server CellServDB file where missing a newline,
but adding that didn't do anything.

In the local DNS, I have no reference to papadoc, exept ONE 'A' record and some
(unrelated) CNAME's. All the (relevant) SRV/AFSDB records point to tuzjfi...
--
FSF radar attack subway killed toluene South Africa jihad security
bomb Khaddafi strategic Rule Psix critical arrangements