[OpenAFS] touch: creating `/afs/x': No such file or directory

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:52:32 -0500 (CDT)

> tuzjfi:~# ls /afs
> tuzjfi:~# touch /afs/x
> touch: creating `/afs/x': No such file or directory
> With a fools persistency I'm continuing to try to get OpenAFS
> to work on my Sparc at home...

It seems like your client is broken.  The server looks okay.  I'd suggest
seeing if you can get a second machine connected to it as a client,
perhaps a machine with a different architecture.

I don't have any experience with the debian packages.  Normally, I'd
suggest "rm -rf"-ing /usr/vice, reinstalling the client from scratch, and
recompiling the kernel module yourself.  I didn't even realize sparc-linux
was supported.  Did you compile from the Debian source package?

[  t charles clancy  ]-[  tclancy@uiuc.edu  ]-[  uiuc.edu/~tclancy  ]