[OpenAFS] touch: creating `/afs/x': No such file or directory

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
13 Jun 2002 08:03:15 +0200

    Torbjorn> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> writes:
    >> With a fools persistency I'm continuing to try to get OpenAFS
    >> to work on my Sparc at home...
    >>

    Torbjorn>  Change to kernel 2.4.18.

This was my (VERY) first attempt, but I have been unsuccessful in getting
a 2.4 kernel to boot (some of them compile just fine, but I can't get them
to boot).

    Torbjorn> There  is  something  b0rken  in  the  2.2.18(/19?)  for
    Torbjorn> sparc+openafs+debian 3.0.

I'm running 2.2.20...

    Torbjorn> I've experienced the same problem on two sun4m machines. (a
    Torbjorn> sparc5 and a Classic). Changing to the 2.4.18 kernel
    Torbjorn> helped.

It seems that the 2.4 kernels have had problems with sun4c's for a long
time...

    Torbjorn> Also, this problem started occuring when I
    Torbjorn> switched to 2.2.18 and updated afs version at the same
    Torbjorn> time, so changing to lower kernel version and/or afs
    Torbjorn> version _might_ work, but it is nothing I've
    Torbjorn> tested. (Only the Classic is mine, and it is not the
    Torbjorn> best machine to start building new kernels on. think the
    Torbjorn> last build of the kernel took 14 hours.... :-( )

Tell me about it! :)
--
Treasury killed strategic Panama FBI Rule Psix quiche congress
Khaddafi ammonium iodine Clinton Delta Force Qaddafi Legion of Doom