[OpenAFS] Can anyone reproduce this under LINUX (was: temporaryreference files do not disappear)

Norbert Gruener nog@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:51:37 +0200

On Fri, Jun 14 2002, Paul Blackburn wrote:

> http://www.angelfire.com/hi/plutonic/afs-faq.html#sub2.19

But the FAQ claims:

   Newer versions of AFS rename such files to .__afsXXXX, thus making sure
   that the data stays around as expected by the application. As soon as
   the file gets closed, the associated .__afsXXXX should disappear.

and this is *** NOT TRUE ***

As I have mentioned on my contribution on June 6

NG} Under AIX, Solaris, and Irix, the file ".__afsEB15" disappears
NG} immediately like it should.  Whereas under Linux the file stays.
NG} Sometimes it takes up to ten minutes until the file disappears.
NG} Sometimes the file does not disappear at all.

Sometimes they disappear, sometimes they DON'T disappear but NEVER
"as soon as the file gets closed"

Cheers,

Norbert
--
Ceterum censeo          | PGP encrypted mail preferred.
Redmond esse delendam.  | PGP Public Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/