[OpenAFS] the best distributed file system

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:30:16 -0700

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <6delgado@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> writes:

> I get the Impression you're implying that AFS is a good choice for
> "mission-critical data storage".

> Wouldn't it be responsible right now to warn newcomers about the
> CopyOnWrite failure issue on linux?

> While these issues are present AFS is not exactly the premium choice
> for mission-critical data storage either.

We've never seen any CopyOnWrite failure, ever.

I've not been following that closely, but isn't it specific to running
file servers on Linux?  Lots and lots of us who use AFS for
mission-critical data storage are not and never have run file servers on
Linux.