[OpenAFS] the best distributed file system

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs 6delgado@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:08:46 +0200

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

Hi!

Nathan Neulinger schrieb:
> And others of us that do run file servers on linux have never seen that
> error. (We've seen other intermittent issues that result in service
> loss, but virtually never data loss.)

Yes, but you can hardly base a recommendation on the fact that there
are people who do not see the error.

This Problem exists on linux and it's unclear wether the recent 1.2.5
release fixes it, because the Problem is *very* hard to reproduce (At
least i did not see a post from someone who could successfully
reproduce it).

I would have a very bad feeling about telling people about OpenAFS on
linux without pointing them to the CopyOnWrite bug at
http://www.openafs.org/roadmap.html

Kind regards
     Friedel
--=20
	Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--