[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.2.5 Won't Build Under Kernel 2.4.18-5

Dirk Heinrichs heinrichs@qis-systemhaus.de
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:57:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Computers in Medicine wrote:

> I recently installed kernel 2.4.18-5 from Red Hat RPMs and now OpenAFS 1.2.5 won't build.  The procedure below worked fine for 2.4.18-4 and most other kernels before it.  I'm not expect at compiling programs under Linux (read I just make and pray), but since it's always worked well before we compile the kernels ourselves to be able to immediately update Linux kernels before packages are made.  Unfortunately, it didn't work this time and we would very much appreciate any hints as to why. Here's what we're doing.
What's the difference between -4 and -5, then. If you don't need the
changes then you could also stay with -4.
The first thing I do everytime after installing any distro is to get
vanilla kernel sources and compile those, because you never really know
which ugly patches they put in.

> ../linux/sched.h:454:15: #if with no expression
Looks like some of RH's patching went wrong, or they applied a broken
patch. I would revert to -4.

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)241 413 260
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)241 413 2640