[OpenAFS] Migration Docs?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:35:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 jsherwin@subtle.org wrote:

> I haven't seen any online so I figured I'd pipe and ask:
>
> Does anyone have any notes or docs on upgrading an OpenAFS server
> (specifically from 1.2.3 to 1.2.5 on linux_2.4). I have a very small
> cluster of servers, all but one being just file servers and one
> fileserver/backupserver/kaserver/vlserver/etc. I'm not sure what the best
> methods are and would be interested in hearing what works, what doesn't
> and why.

client: install the new afsd and kernel modules using whatever package
system you use or by putting the files into the locations of the old ones.
reboot.

server: install the new binaries using whatever package system you use, or
by installing them where the existing ones are (possibly /usr/afs/bin,
possibly not). bos restart (servername) -all -bosserver

you'll have an outage while the fileservers reattach volumes, which
basically takes an amount of time determined by how much you have. For a
small fileserver you won't notice.

it should "just work"