[OpenAFS] small improvement for Linux rc script

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:51:31 +0200

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:13:55AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> How did he have the kernel module already loaded?

Well, something went wrong after loading the module, e.g. afsd could not
be started successfully. I've also come across this situation several
times.

> I haven't actually looked at your patch, but I would tell this
> user that they should stop pre-loading their module ;)

I do not see a problem with altering the message or deciding to stop if
the module is already loaded.  But I think it is definitely neccessary
to inform of an already loaded module - now it only says "failed to load
AFS module" or so because the output of insmod completely goes into
libafs.map

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/