[OpenAFS] vldb hosed, lists no volumes

J. Maynard Gelinas gelinas@lns.mit.edu
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:55:40 -0500 (EST)

   when performing a vos listvldb. This happened while bringing up a new
fileserver/vlserver/ptserver and entering a mistaken vos syncvldb. Whoops,
now the original server has an empty vldb cloned from the new volume
server. Fortunately, we're not in production yet. However, a vos listvols
lists all the volumes which were previously in the vldb, and the vice
partition which houses the data still appears to contain something. I've
been poking around the documentation trying to figure out how to restore
the volumes short of restoring from tape. I've tries a bos salvage, but no
luck. Is there any way I can specify a volume listed in listvols and
assign it to a specific partition and host to create a new vldb entry
without destroying the original data?

Thanks,
--Maynard