[OpenAFS] Linux Kernel 2.4.17, klog problems after source bui ld

Ingmar Koecher koecheri@MAIL.LIB.MSU.EDU
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:34:53 -0500

Derrick,

one last question. I installed the RPMs now, compiled the kernel module
from the kernel-source package and ran

afsmodname -x /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.17.o

AFS starts now and everything works, BUT I still get this messsage when I
start AFS:

Hmm...  I can't seem to find an AFS kernel module suitable for your Linux
kernel.  That means you will need to build or obtain a suitable module.
The following information may be of some use in obtaining assistance:
CPU Type:       586.intel.4
Linux version:  2.4.17 #1 Wed Mar 6 13:24:39 EST 2002
RedHat release: Red Hat Linux release 7.2 (Enigma)
Symbol versions:
  iget4      ea8609fc
  iget4      ea8609fc
  sock_create b16541b5
Did not find matching module in SymTable

The file SymTable has a new timestamp, but afsmodname didn't really change
SymTable (I know because I saved the previous one).

*) Why is afs starting despite that message - is it because of the "uname
-r"
that is mentioned in the kernel-source README (which is not recommended)?
*) Why am I getting that message at all ....

Thanks again, I am installing this server for somebody else and don't want
them
to think it doesn't work when they start it the next time ...

Ingmar.