[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS with Linux Kernel 2.4.18

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:25:36 +0000

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 at 09:00:13, "Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu>:
> I've noticed that myself, but have also noticed that is doesn't always
> happen. If you let it sit there for a couple minutes after the
> BgTrunc... - sometimes it seems to break out of whatever has it hung. I
> haven't truly verified this, but that is the impression I've gotten on a
> few cases.

The problem I have is that the attempt to shutdown AFS fails if
it is still in use, and it can't be umounted.  If I can manage to
umount /afs, the shutdown will proceed; otherwise I need to go
to the console and use the magic alt-sysrq sequences to umount,
sync, and reboot.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk