[OpenAFS] The /afs directory

William Roberts wroberts@reserveamerica.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:23:07 -0800

I'm not sure what you mean by remove libafs.

If I bring down afs then remove the afs file in the / directory then restart
afs, will there be any problems?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Atkins" <warlord@MIT.EDU>
To: "William Roberts" <wroberts@reserveamerica.com>
Cc: <openafs-info@openafs.org>; "Mike" <maldrich@reserveamerica.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] The /afs directory

> I'm not sure what "any other mount points" you think you will lose.
> /afs is purely a client-side thing.
>
> The right way to fix this is:
>         bring the AFS client down, remove libafs
>         clean up the /afs inode
>         bring the AFS client back up
>
> -derek
>
> "William Roberts" <wroberts@reserveamerica.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are running openafs server on RedHat linux 7.1.  One our staff
members somehow created an AFS file in the / directory in place of the afs
directory.  AFS is still running ok but I cannot cd into any of the
directories because it thinks /afs does not exist.  I cannot get rid of the
afs file created because the system still thinks that afs is still mounted
there.  Has anything like this ever happened to anyone out there?  If I
bring down the services, then get rid of the afs file and recreate /afs
directory, will I lose all my other mount points?  Any advice?