[OpenAFS] scalability

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:08:58 -0700 (MST)

I'm wondering if anyone has any metrics or 'gut feeling' for how scalable
AFS is on 2 sides.  Side one is technically, how many clients, how much
space, etc.  Side 2 is administratively.  I'm interested in comparatives
as well: ie how many sys admins does it take to manage 100gigs of AFS
space  and 40000 users, versus some NT base solution.  What kind of
incremental price points are there?  meaning, 1 afs sysadmin can handle x
gigs and y users, 2 afs sysadmin can handle n*x gigs and m*y users -- etc,
versus doing the same thing for an NT based network.

Thanks for any input.

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU