[OpenAFS] first time install - please help

Jeremy Stribling strib@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:29:38 -0800

Hi Helmut,

The install_afs script was designed specifically to work with the
OpenAFS precompiled RPMs for Red Hat Linux.  If these RPMs don't work
for your machine, the install_afs script probably won't either, because
like you said the files are in the wrong places.  If you wanted to spend
some time on it, you could probably look through the install_afs script
and change all the references to directories to ones that fit your
system.  Please let me know if you have any more questions - I'm the one
who wrote that script.  Thanks,

Jeremy