re [OpenAFS] Help!

Derek Atkins openafs-info@openafs.org
18 Mar 2002 21:24:27 -0500

Hi.

Please be sure to CC all replies to openafs-info@openafs.org....

"Dong Fangpeng" <fpdong@ict.ac.cn> writes:

> Thanks for your help.
>
> My cell is not in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB.  But I want to know
> which command I should use to add my cell to this file(as you see
> "./bos setcellname" doesn't work in my system ), or use vi to edit
> the file directly. I used to think /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB is uesed
> by server and /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB is used by client. What's
> relationship between these two files ?

You are correct, /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB is used by "client"
applications and /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB is used by "server"
applications.  The "bosserver", "ptserver", "fileserver", etc programs
are all server applications, so they use the latter file.  However,
the "bos" program is a client application, so it requires the former.

To edit /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB I recommend using 'vi' or 'emacs' --
pick your favorite editor.

-derek