[OpenAFS] Where can I find the runntp file ?

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:57:18 -0600 (CST)

> Thanks to your help, I have almost finished my first AFS installation.
> But there's still a question: The Quick Start mentions the following
> command: "# ./bos create <machine name> runntp simple
> "/usr/afs/bin/runntp -localclock"  -cell <cell name> -noauth" to start
> the controller of NTPD, but I can't find the file runntp in
> /usr/afs/bin, where is it? Or is this not necessary in Rpm version of
> AFS?

The binary distros don't include runntp.  You really only need time
syncronization if you have multiple AFS servers.  (The clients have built
in syncronization).  If you do have multiple AFS servers, then use one of
the other ntp packages that are probably already installed on your system.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]