[OpenAFS] afs+pam = problems

jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:11:57 +0100

Hi all

I'll appreciate any help on this topic,
probably I haven't understood anything about
afs + pam

This is with openafs-1.2.3 + LinuxPAM-0.76

In my /etc/pam.conf file
the first 3 lines of first 3 lines of login are
login	auth       requisite  pam_securetty.so
login	auth       required   pam_unix.so
login	auth       optional   pam_afs.so try_first_pass ignore_root

and the first 3 lines of afs are
afs	auth	  sufficient  pam_afs.so try_first_pass ignore_root
afs	auth      required    pam_securetty.so
afs	auth	  required    pam_nologin.so

Now when I login (as non root)
I get asked for my login password
and then (again) for my afs password
(and /var/log/auth.log reports
pam_afs[4302] AFS Authentication fails for user ...

Now both passwords (my linux login password and
my afs password are identical)

doing  klog after login
I get (again) asked for my password
and if I type it in I am authenticated
since I can now access e.g. my afs-directory.

I've read and searched all of the docs and the
complete archive of this list, but I can't find
any reason.

Many thanks for your help,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik