[OpenAFS] Need to Combine AFS Database & File Servers

Joseph E Ramus ramus@es.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:01:38 -0800

Thanks to all.
The bottom line is that AFS 3.6 File Server will figure out where
the Volumes are located after I move the DB servers to the File
Server hardware and change the IP addresses.
There is no need to use  `vos changeaddr'.

One important bit of advice is to keep the existing file
   /usr/afs/local/sysid
on each file server because it contains a UUID that is used in
the VLDB.

| Joe Ramus  ESnet, LBNL, Berkeley, CA  (510) 486-8683   ramus@es.net  |