[OpenAFS] underlying FS type?

Alf Wachsmann alfw@SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 16 May 2002 08:31:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:
> For the AFS _SERVER_ (/vicepx) partitions, you should be able to use
> any file system.  The only FS choice limitation is the cache partition
> in the AFS _CLIENT_.  People have successfully used ext2, ext3,
> reiserfs, and many other FSs for the afs server /vicepx partitions.

Derek,

I am more than surprised to read this advice for the AFS client cache.
If you look at one of the recent threads on the openafs-devel mailinglist
I see a very clear advice for using ext2 ONLY.

Could someone please give a _definitive_ answer to this question for
OpenAFS-1.2.3 and 1.2.4.

Many thanks,
                Alf.

  Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
  SLAC Computing Service              | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
  2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
  Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)