[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and Mosix

Tim Carlson Tim Carlson <tim.carlson@pnl.gov>
Sat, 18 May 2002 21:31:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:

> This is the first "patch" that I've ever heard of that adds its own
> surdirectory under "include" in the linux sources.  I have no idea
> what Mosix is -- I've never heard of it before -- but you can probably
> work around the problem in your own source tree by adding 'mos' to the
> list of symlinked subdirs in src/libafs/MakefileProto.LINUX.in.

I don't think that having Mosix and AFS together will be a problem. Mosix
shouldn't migrate afsd to another machine. Mosix only migrates user space
programs.

Mosix is a way to build "fork and forget" clusters. They are nice and easy
if you don't have lots system calls in your code.

Tim

Tim Carlson
Voice: (509) 376 3423
Email: Tim.Carlson@pnl.gov