[OpenAFS] Windows OpenAFS client

Ted Anderson TedAnderson@mindspring.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:50:12 -0400

I am running IBM AFS Patch4, notOpenAFS, and I have seen some of these
problems.  Specifically, the VM memory growth is really debilitating.  I
find that it grows about 4Kb per second and after 8 hours or so my
machine starts running low on VM and this causes trouble with other
applications.  I did not have this problem with Patch3, but in that
version VPNs do not work as well.  Apparently, very few other people see
this VM growth problem, so Transarc has not been able to reproduce it or
debug the problem.  Presumably, it is something funny about my Win2000
(pro) configuration, but I don't know what.

I have also seen messages about "Pkt straddled session startup" but have
been told that this is harmless.  I suspect it is related to "hard dead
time" errors when using the VPN, but I have no conclusive evidence.

I don't recall seeing problems with afscreds.exe crashing.

Ted Anderson