[OpenAFS] What about Windows NT 4 + LINUX + KRB5 ???

Bones Fx flx-openafs@ifrance.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 21:53:19 GMT

Ok. tell me if I'm stupid...

   I went on the page "http://web.mit.edu/is/help/kfw" where=
 it's
written :=20

       To download the installer, you must be a member of th=
e MIT
community and have an MIT Certificate.=20

I'm not ;-)

Then on the main page ( web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/ ) I don't =
find any
link about KfW... and I can't access to Kerberos sources and=
 binaries
because i'm not US or Canada resident...... (I'm a stupid fr=
enchy....)

I had previously tried to get this software to put in place =
kerberized
telnet under Windows NT 4... without success. So I think get=
ting KfW is
impossible for the reasons explaned above.

.. don't worry, i know that it's not your fault !!!! ;)

Bye ! and thanx again !                     =20

>   But could you tell me please how i can download KfW with=
out being a
> MIT member (from MIT SITE :=20
> To download the installer, you must be a member of the MIT=
 community
and
> have an MIT Certificate.=20
>=20
>=20
>  .... and I don't have any of these ...
>=20
>=20
>   Thanx for your support !
>=20
>=20
B 5 KDC with
> > OpenAFS (thanks to this list for all the informations ab=
out asetkey
> and
> > so on..... really helpful !)
> >=20
> > My question is about Windows NT 4 Clients.
> >=20
> > Is there a way to get those machines authenticated again=
st an
> > OpenAFS/KRB5 server (so without kaserver) ?=20
> >=20
> > I think i need some tools to get krb5 tickets at first b=
efore
> > authenticate...  At the moment, I've got an error number=
 8 from the
NT
> > client (no such user) but i'm afraid it's because the AF=
S tries to
> > contact the kaserver (am i right ???)=20
> >=20
> > I didn't find any tools to allow that (remember i leave =
in France
and

____________________________________________________________=
____________
> ______
> > ifrance.com, l'email gratuit le plus complet de l'Intern=
et !
> > vos emails depuis un navigateur, en POP3, sur Minitel, s=
ur le WAP...
> > http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/email.emailif
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> --=20
>        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Labor=
atory
>        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (=
SIPB)
N1NWH

______