[OpenAFS] What about Windows NT 4 + LINUX + KRB5 ???

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:38:50 -0400

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 09:21:26PM +0000, Bones Fx wrote:

> All right !!
>
>   But could you tell me please how i can download KfW without being a
> MIT member (from MIT SITE :
> To download the installer, you must be a member of the MIT community and
> have an MIT Certificate.

Go to http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/ and download the Kerberos V5
release 1.2.

To truly integrate the AFS login with the NT login, search for "GINA" on
the net.  Never used one personally but apparently a GINA is the interface
that is used to replace or modify the built in NT user authentication
service, so you can authenticate against an AFS cell, or Kerberos realm,
instead of an NT domain controller.  Or at least thats what I understand
of it. :)

good luck,
--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org