[OpenAFS] What about Windows NT 4 + LINUX + KRB5 ???

Bones Fx flx-openafs@ifrance.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 21:21:26 GMT

All right !!

  But could you tell me please how i can download KfW withou=
t being a
MIT member (from MIT SITE :=20
To download the installer, you must be a member of the MIT c=
ommunity and
have an MIT Certificate.=20

 .... and I don't have any of these ...

  Thanx for your support !

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
A: "Bones Fx" <flx-openafs@ifrance.com>
Date: 21/05/02
Objet: Re: [OpenAFS] What about Windows NT 4 + LINUX + KRB5 =
???

You need to obtain KfW (Kerberos for Windows) to obtain tick=
ets,
and then you need to find an aklog.exe to get you AFS tokens=
.

The OpenAFS package for NT, as shipped, only deals with KAse=
rver
and nothing else.  This is a Bug (IMHO) that ought to be fix=
ed, but
I'm not a windows developer so I can't.

-derek

"Bones Fx" <flx-openafs@ifrance.com> writes:

>   Hello !=20
>=20
>=20
> I've successfully set up a Redhat 7.2 box to act as a KRB =
5 KDC with
> OpenAFS (thanks to this list for all the informations abou=
t asetkey
and
> so on..... really helpful !)
>=20
> My question is about Windows NT 4 Clients.
>=20
> Is there a way to get those machines authenticated against=
 an
> OpenAFS/KRB5 server (so without kaserver) ?=20
>=20
> I think i need some tools to get krb5 tickets at first bef=
ore
> authenticate...  At the moment, I've got an error number 8=
 from the NT
> client (no such user) but i'm afraid it's because the AFS =
tries to
> contact the kaserver (am i right ???)=20
>=20
> I didn't find any tools to allow that (remember i leave in=
 France and

____________________________________________________________=
____________
______
> ifrance.com, l'email gratuit le plus complet de l'Internet=
 !
> vos emails depuis un navigateur, en POP3, sur Minitel, sur=
 le WAP...
> http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/email.emailif
>=20
>=20

--=20
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laborat=
ory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SI=
PB)
NWH
       warlord@MIT.EDU                        PGP key availa=
ble