[OpenAFS] pam_openafs_session.so

Michael Lasevich openafslist@lasevich.net
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:48:00 -0700

> The module stores the user's credential in a file when the application
> calls pam_setcred() or pam_open_session().  At that point it adds the
> KRB5CCNAME variable to the PAM environment list (it can't do it sooner
> because it doesn't know the name of the file until it's created).

Thanks, but via testing on my machine I found that PAM env is never set,
only the process env. So changing from pam_getenv() to getenv() did the
trick. My understanding of the was PAM handles environment is that PAM env
is set in the modules and if the program calling PAM (i.e. login) wishes to,
it can export the variabled from PAM anvironment to the process environment.
This does not seem to be the case on my machine.

-Michael