[OpenAFS] Redhat-7.3 rpm install docs? Notes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 23 May 2002 16:34:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Bill Broadley wrote:

> I tried the above, but stock redhat-7.3 has /etc/pam.d/login:
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required	/lib/security/pam_securetty.so
> auth       required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> auth       required	/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
> account    required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> password   required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> session    required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> session    optional	/lib/security/pam_console.so
>
> Note, there is no line for pwdb as mentioned.

Look in /etc/pam.d/system-auth

> If I follow the directions mentioned by the rpm install I get:
> [root@axis root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start
> Found libafs-2.4.18-3-athlon.mp.o from SymTable... Loading...
> Starting AFS services.....
> afsd: Can't find information for home cell 'math.ucdavis.edu' in cell database!

Does math.ucdavis.edu appear in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB? If not, well,
there's your problem. The RPM's suggestion about that is correct, or have
the AFS admin mail an entry to cellservdb@central.org for inclusion in
future versions