[OpenAFS] Finding the 'mountpoint' of a volume

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
24 May 2002 09:58:06 -0400

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> writes:

> Ouch. Oki, then my script snippet don't work. But this is the closest I got
> to do what I wanted. I just try to stay away from multiple mountings until
> I find a better solution.

There is only one better solution that I know of (Tino's proposed
solution is the second best that I know).  The only better solution is
to modify your script that does the original 'vos create' and 'fs mkm'
to automatically create the backup mountpoint:

        vos create $server $partition $volume
        fs mkm $dir_path $volume
        fs mkm $dir_path/OldFiles $volume.backup
        vos backup $volume

>     Tino> Hope that helps! Tino.
>
> Thanx.

I should just add that _any_ path you take that uses 'find' is just
wrong.  find the absolutely the WRONG solution to this problem.

-derek