[OpenAFS] Finding the 'mountpoint' of a volume

Ian D ian@assv.net
24 May 2002 15:19:45 +0200

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> writes:

>     >> With a little shell hacking, I came up with this, close enough
>     >> (for the time beeing)...
>
>     Tino> Well. You'll get into trouble. Volume mount points can be
>     Tino> circular.  (I could for example mount root.afs into my home
>     Tino> directory.)
>
> Ouch. Oki, then my script snippet don't work. But this is the closest I got
> to do what I wanted. I just try to stay away from multiple mountings until
> I find a better solution.

How are you going to avoid your users mounting multiple times?

[ian@dominatrix ian]$ fs mkm fnord web.user.ian
[ian@dominatrix ian]$ fs ls fnord
'fnord' is a mount point for volume '#web.user.ian'
[ian@dominatrix ian]$

(this volume is mounted a couple other times in my AFS tree, and I'm
not an administrator when doing this)
--
/Ian D
ian@assv.net - www.assv.net