[OpenAFS] RPM install nukes my CellSrvDB!

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 24 May 2002 17:41:44 +0200

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 10:00:25AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> > Title says it..  This is a long-standing problem.  Proper behavior should
> > be to create a *.rpmnew variant and squawk about it on the console.
>
> Personally I disagree that this is a problem.  I don't consider the
> CellServDB to be a config file, per se, and I _want_ RPM to update the
> file automatically on my machines.

RPM will update your CellServDB if you did not modify it. Just mark it
%config in the Spec and all should be well.

> Consider this an incentive for cells to publish their CellServDB
> information, either in DNS via AFSDB records, of in the
> grand.central.org CellServDB.  :-)

There are cells which are not publicly visible, eg. in 10.0.0.0 networks
and such. Those should be given the chance to install their CellServDB
and never care about it again.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/