[OpenAFS] wierd server install error

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 May 2002 20:57:42 -0400

John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> >What command do you give "bos create" to start kaserver?  Are you
> >giving it the full path to your kaserver binary?  This error seems to
> >

>  From the AFS docs, I'm using:
>
>     # bos create <machine name> kaserver simple /usr/afs/bin/kaserver \
>              -cell <my cell> -noath
>
> for each of the servers (kaserver, ptserver and vlserver).

Ok, that should be right for the current OpenAFS RPMs.  I presume that
bosserver is running as root...  Code 2 seems to imply ENOENT.  Does
/usr/afs/bin/kaserver exist on that particular server?  What happens
if you try to start the kaserver by hand?  Are there any errors in the
AFS Logs (/usr/afs/logs/..)

-derek