[Fwd: Re: [OpenAFS] wierd server install error]

John Bleichert syborg@stny.rr.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 21:08:09 -0400

Also, the relevant binaries do exist in /usr/afs/bin and are executable.

Derek Atkins wrote:

>>>What command do you give "bos create" to start kaserver?  Are you
>>>giving it the full path to your kaserver binary?  This error seems to
>>>

>> From the AFS docs, I'm using:
>>
>>    # bos create  kaserver simple /usr/afs/bin/kaserver \
>>             -cell  -noath
>>
>>for each of the servers (kaserver, ptserver and vlserver).
>>

>Ok, that should be right for the current OpenAFS RPMs.  I presume that
>bosserver is running as root...  Code 2 seems to imply ENOENT.  Does
>/usr/afs/bin/kaserver exist on that particular server?  What happens
>if you try to start the kaserver by hand?  Are there any errors in the
>AFS Logs (/usr/afs/logs/..)

Yes, the bosserver is running as root. I haven't tried running kaserver
manually but will. The contents of the log files are as follows (BosLog
was earlier in the chain and has only gotten longer ;-)  Also, 127.0.0.1
is pingable just fine on the host machine. I'm sure I'm just being a
dumb-arse somehow.

[root@janeway logs]# cat VLLog
Mon May 27 20:49:08 2002 ubik: primary address 127.0.0.1 does not exist
vlserver: Ubik init failed with code 5385
[root@janeway logs]# cat PtLog
ptserver: problems with host name Ubik init failed
.0.1 does not exist
ptserver: running unauthenticated
ptserver: can't find any Kerberos keys, code = 70354689, ignoring
[root@janeway logs]# cat AuthLog
/usr/afs/bin/kaserver: problems with host name Ubik init failed
ll database.
Mon May 27 20:48:49 2002 Using level crypt for Ubik connections.
Mon May 27 20:48:49 2002 ubik: primary address 127.0.0.1 does not exist