[OpenAFS] wierd server install error

John Bleichert syborg@stny.rr.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 21:28:54 -0400

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Oh, you're hostname resolves to 127.0.0.1?  AFS doesn't like that.
>You have to have a "real" (read: non-localhost) IP Address.  Make
>sure that /etc/hosts and DNS don't resolve your hostname to localhost.
>
>-derek

That did it - I had somehow gotten a dual-entry for that box in its
/etc/hosts and never noticed as my nameserver does most of the work. I
still have quite a bit of work to do to get my old volumes loaded
(backup and main drive crashed) but I think I can handle that. I have a
couple other questions brewing, but Ill start new threads for them.

Ya know, it speaks volumes about afs that I installed my last server so
long ago I forgot all the details!

Thanks a lot - JB