[OpenAFS] Moving root.*.readonly from /vicepa to /vicepb

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
28 May 2002 10:46:43 -0400

"Broughton, Travis V" <tvb@intel.com> writes:

> Don't use addsite and remsite on released volumes.  You want remove.  Once
> you've released the volume, 'vos remsite' will remove the VLDB pointer but
> not the on-disk data.

Um, you have to use addsite to add new sites...  So, "don't use
addsite" seems a bit strong.

> Also, you can't have multiple RO instances on a single server, so addsite
> before remsite/remove won't (shouldn't) work.

I don't believe this is correct.  It is certainly true that it doesn't
buy you much in terms of reliability or failover if you have multiple
RO instances on a single server, but there is no prohibition in the
protocol or implementation that would limit this.

-derek