[OpenAFS] Moving root.*.readonly from /vicepa to /vicepb

Broughton, Travis V tvb@intel.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 07:21:56 -0700

Don't use addsite and remsite on released volumes.  You want remove.  Once
you've released the volume, 'vos remsite' will remove the VLDB pointer but
not the on-disk data.

Also, you can't have multiple RO instances on a single server, so addsite
before remsite/remove won't (shouldn't) work.

If you only have one replica of root.afs and root.cell, you'll potentially
cause yourself some problems during the window where you've removed the
replica but haven't added a new site and released it.  You'll definitely
want to use /usr/afs/bin/vos if your /usr/afsws points to /afs/...

If you have a second fileserver in your cell, you probably want to create
another RO instance there (vos addsite; vos release), wait for an hour or so
(so all the clients have time to learn about the new replica), then do the
remove/addsite/release process on the original location.

-tvb