[OpenAFS] CopyOnWrite failed. Workarounds?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:20:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Sunday i sent a report about my whole home directory becoming orphaned.
> Derrick J Brashear has guessed, that it may be the "CopyOnWrite failure" bug,
> that several people on this list have experienced, however i could not prove this,
> having lost the logfiles.

[]

> If i fail to resolve this issue, i'd have to decide not to use afs, since regular lossage
> of this dimension is clearly not desirable. ;-)

we do have a candidate fix which several people are attempting to verify.
if you wish to try it, visit www.openafs.org, and get the "latest
unstable" release (1.3.2) and build it. if you want to actively help track
if we've fixed it, i can provide a further patch which will cause the
fileserver to drop a core in cases where you may have triggered the bug