[OpenAFS] Moving root.*.readonly from /vicepa to /vicepb

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
29 May 2002 19:25:47 +0200

    >> <flash@itp.tu-graz.ac.at> writes:
    >>
    Christian> # vos addsite papadoc vicepb root.afs
    >>  Got the needed input, thought I was safe in trying this
    >> now... Didn't work... !
    >>
    >> [papadoc.pts/1]$ vos addsite papadoc vicepb root.afs RO already
    >> exists on partition /vicepa. Multiple ROs on a single server
    >> aren't allowed VOLSER: illegal operation Error in vos addsite
    >> command.  VOLSER: illegal operation

    Derrick> remsite the old one (you're going to newfs when done),
    Derrick> addsite the new one, release.

What happens with the existing volumes (common.*, public.* and user.*)
which is in use if I do this?! Won't they be unavailable?

What exactly DO the root.* volumes do?

--
Cocaine Uzi Treasury Cuba kibo attack SDI World Trade Center North
Korea BATF Clinton KGB quiche Rule Psix FBI