[OpenAFS] ssh+afs logins fail on IRIX 6.5.15

Dave McMurtrie dgm+@pitt.edu
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:11:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 May 2002, David R. Steiner wrote:

> Running tcpdump shows that the authentication is generating traffic
> on port 750. It is my understanding that since we are using kaserver
> this should not be happening. I have been told that kaserver uses a
> different port but do not know which one.

Stuff that uses the kaserver api calls will talk to udp 7004.  Stuff that
uses the kerberos v4 api will talk udp 750.

>     KerberosAuthentication yes

I don't know why you're getting the "principal unknown" error, but you're
probably talking to udp 750 because of this line in your sshd config.  If
you're not configured to do kerberos authentication, you should probably
change this line.

-Dave
--
Dave McMurtrie, Systems Programmer