[OpenAFS] Performance compared to ext2

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
30 May 2002 13:07:41 -0400

Was this the first time through or the second?  The second time
through should be much faster.  Also, what's the size of your stat
cache?  It's possible that the time is being spent stat()ing so many
files that your stat cache is thrashing (which would cause a similar
problem).  If your cache (or stat cache) is thrashing, that would
certainly explain a lot of slowness.

Try increasing your stat cache by changing the -stat option to
afsd.

-derek