[OpenAFS] Some questions about AFS backups

Mike Aldrich maldrich@reserveamerica.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 13:58:36 -0400

Hi,
I created my volset full of .backup volumes on my primary AFS server (RH =
7.1=20
OpenAFS 1.2.3). My initial dump is labeled /sunday, with increments to=20
/saturday. I have about 8G of data housed in AFS volumes.
My questions are:
I ran my first dump (/sunday) today. It ran fine (except for the can't cl=
ose=20
tape error). I tried running the /sunday/monday dump using the -append fl=
ag.=20
This is where I got an error. I cannot dump a volume if it hasn't been cl=
oned=20
since the last dump?
When are volumes cloned? Is that something I can configure?
My plan was to get up-to-date with the dump schedule I set (up to today).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike