[OpenAFS] Some questions about AFS backups

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
30 May 2002 20:20:56 +0200

Mike Aldrich <maldrich@reserveamerica.com> writes:

> This is where I got an error. I cannot dump a volume if it hasn't been cloned
> since the last dump?

No, since you are (or should) dump the backup volumes, it does not
make sense to dump them a second time if they are not changed.

> When are volumes cloned? Is that something I can configure?

Use "vos backup" or "vos backupsys" to reclone. Have a look at "bos
status <servername> -long" to see wether you set up a bos cron job for it.

See the IBM manual for how to set up a nightly job for recloning, by
the use of the bos daemon.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung