[OpenAFS] Gnome

Alexander J. Marsh ajmarsh@umich.edu
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:42:23 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I am installing OpenAFS on a RedHat 7.3 linux box.  Our home directories
are AFS mounted.  I can log into the box via SSH but if I try to log into
the box at console GDM takes my user name and password.  It looks like
everything is fine then X crashes and resets back to the GDM login screen.

I have followed the directions found here very closely

http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg007.htm#Header_134

but so far have been unable to get Gnome and AFS mounted home directories
to play nicely together.

Is there something I am missing?  Thanks in advance.

  ++alex

Alexander J. Marsh
Unix Systems Administrator
University of Michigan DLPS Core Services
p. 734.763-0246
c. 734.368.3839