[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS]Gnome

David S Goldberg dsg@mitre.org
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:22:27 -0500

> I am installing OpenAFS on a RedHat 7.3 linux box.  Our home directories
> are AFS mounted.  I can log into the box via SSH but if I try to log into
> the box at console GDM takes my user name and password.  It looks like
> everything is fine then X crashes and resets back to the GDM login screen.

Do you have to klog when you log in via ssh?  If so, you probably
don't have tokens when you log in so when GDM tries to write something
in your home directory (most likely .Xauthority or similar) it bombs
out.  We solved this problem at MITRE with PAM.

--
Dave Goldberg
Associate Department Head, Research Computing Facility