[OpenAFS] Re: Kerberos V and xscreensaver/xlock

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:20:11 -0800

At 9:54 PM +0100 11/4/02, Balazs GAL wrote:
>2002-11-04, h keltez=E9ssel Henry B. Hotz ezt =EDrta:
>
>>  I found a couple of minor bugs.  Note the differences in
>>  /afs/jpl/home/h/hotz/public/pam/pam_krb5_snap/pam_krb5afs.c{,.orig}.
>>  The link step still fails.  See the make.log[0-9] files.
>
>Thanks. I corrected the typo.
>
>  > Or maybe not.  I tried copying the config.guess and config.sub files
>>  from the autoconf 1.6 which came with the system and now its really
>>  unhappy because your stuff uses 1.6.1 it would appear.  Or maybe it's
>>  really 1.6.1 and you stuff is older?
>
>I use. . .

So, if I understand you properly you are using versions that are "new
enough" they should solve the libtool problem I pointed out, even
though they may be older than the versions bundled with OSX.2.

>Please try pam_krb5_snap-2002.11.04.tar.gz.

Hmmm...

pam_krb5afs.c:24: undefined or invalid # directive

That's a #ident line that gcc 3.1 doesn't seem to like.

I now have pam_krb5.{la,o,lo} and some stuff in .libs, but no
pam_krb5afs* even though pam_krb5afs.c was compiled.  sudo make
install does something plausable.  I'll try some more when I have a
chance.

>Have any sense of library versioning with darwin's bundles?

No.  Unfortunately.  They seem to put the version numbers in front of
the .dylib suffix.  However the pam libraries are ...so with no
numbers or aliases at all.

>Thanks.
>
>balsa

Thank you!