[OpenAFS] Re: Kerberos V and xscreensaver/xlock

Balazs GAL balsa@rit.bme.hu
05 Nov 2002 09:08:10 +0100

2002-11-05, k keltez=E9ssel Henry B. Hotz ezt =EDrta:
> At 9:54 PM +0100 11/4/02, Balazs GAL wrote:
> >2002-11-04, h keltez=E9ssel Henry B. Hotz ezt =EDrta:
> >
> >>  I found a couple of minor bugs.  Note the differences in
> >>  /afs/jpl/home/h/hotz/public/pam/pam_krb5_snap/pam_krb5afs.c{,.orig}.
> >>  The link step still fails.  See the make.log[0-9] files.
> >
> >Thanks. I corrected the typo.
> >
> >  > Or maybe not.  I tried copying the config.guess and config.sub files
> >>  from the autoconf 1.6 which came with the system and now its really
> >>  unhappy because your stuff uses 1.6.1 it would appear.  Or maybe it's
> >>  really 1.6.1 and you stuff is older?
> >
> >I use. . .
>=20
> So, if I understand you properly you are using versions that are "new=20
> enough" they should solve the libtool problem I pointed out, even=20
> though they may be older than the versions bundled with OSX.2.

Yes. E.g It seems, that you have automake 1.6, but I have 1.4.
I use a new libtool from Debian sid, any others from Debian sarge.
You shouldn't have any of libtool,automake,autoconf on your OSX.2 unless
you want regenerate the whole configure system from the source
(configure.in Makefile.am). So it is indifferent
which version do You use, because they are not used.
As with libtool: as you see my libtool was broken not Yours.
Please don't replace config.guess config.sub as You readed it in
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Darwin/PortingUNIX/compiling/ind=
ex.html	.

> >Please try pam_krb5_snap-2002.11.04.tar.gz.
>=20
> Hmmm...
>=20
> pam_krb5afs.c:24: undefined or invalid # directive
>=20
> That's a #ident line that gcc 3.1 doesn't seem to like.

Ok i will replace it to any version of rcsid string.

> I now have pam_krb5.{la,o,lo} and some stuff in .libs, but no=20
> pam_krb5afs* even though pam_krb5afs.c was compiled.

As You see there is not pam_krb5.c because the source of pam_krb5 is
pam_krb5afs.c.
If You dont have a pam_krb5afs.{la,o,lo} then you dont
have the krbafs library (use --with-krbafs=3Ddir if configure cant find
it) if you use MIT-krb5 or your heimdal wasn't
compiled with afs support(libkafs) (or configure is broken).
./configure must warn you with "AFS token-grabbing disabled"
if it cant find libkrbafs or libkafs.

> sudo make=20
> install does something plausable.
> I'll try some more when I have a=20
> chance.

Thanks.

=20
> No.  Unfortunately.  They seem to put the version numbers in front of=20
> the .dylib suffix.  However the pam libraries are ...so with no=20
> numbers or aliases at all.

Ok, I was ambiguous. I think "symbol versioning" with the Version scipt.

balsa