[OpenAFS] openafs/aix integrated login

Chris Dodson dodsonc@us.ibm.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:09:13 -0500

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with using openafs 1.2.7 on aix 4.3.3. I have it setup
to do integrated login on the box. I am able to login to the box as an afs
user but issuing the tokens command shows that I do not have any afs
tokens. I am then able to klog and get my afs tokens. So it appears that
the login is able to grant authority to login, but does not appear to do a
full token granting login. Does anybody have any ideas as to possible
avenues of debugging this.

Some information:
I used the prebuilt binaries from openafs.org

in /etc/security/user i have
      registry = DCE
      SYSTEM = "AFS OR (AFS[UNAVAIL] AND compat[SUCCESS])"

in /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg
DCE:
      program = /usr/vice/etc/afs_dynamic_auth

AFS:
      program = /usr/vice/etc/afs_dynamic_auth

I turned on debugging of the kaserver and I see the following in the
AuthLog with afstest being the user.
Wed Nov  6 17:29:11 2002 afstest,krbtgt.SURFAID:auth from a01df01
Wed Nov  6 17:29:11 2002 afstest,afs:gtck from a01df01

Thanks,

Chris Dodson
IBM Special Events Web Hosting Team