[OpenAFS] "Value too large for defined data type"

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 00:34:51 -0600 (CST)

So, a file from my thesis has suddenly stopped being accessable.  I last
accessed it from a WinXP machine running OpenAFS 1.2.6.  Now, I'm trying
to access it from my Solaris 8 client/server running 1.2.6 and getting
"Value too large for defined data type".  I can still access the file just
fine from Windows.

I can certainly sftp the file to my Solaris machine, delete it in Windows,
and then copy it back into its original directory with Solaris, and then
never use Windows again, but I'd like to know what's going on.

$ uname -a
SunOS ismene 5.8 Generic_108528-15 sun4u sparc
$ ls -l proctime.eps
ls: proctime.eps: Value too large for defined data type
$ rm -f proctime.eps
rm: cannot remove `proctime.eps': Value too large for defined data type

Any ideas?  I've never seen this error before.  Why is the Windows client
eating my files, and spitting out ones not compatable with Solaris?

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]