[OpenAFS] OpenSSH 3.5p1 + ~/.shosts + token passing?

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 01:00:18 -0600 (CST)

> It seems like ~/.shosts and token passing with OpenSSH 3.5p1
> is broke.  Or at least, I couldn't get it to work until I
> hacked the source some.  All I did--more or less--was re-add
> code that was in the 2.3.0 (auth1.c) source.  It seems like
> somebody removed code for ~/.shosts + token passing somewhere
> between 2.3.0 and 3.5.
>
> Does anybody know what's up with that?  Or am I on the bleeding
> edge here?  Or have I lost my marbles again?

Before, token passing was allowed in the authentication phase.  Now it's a
session phase thing.  From what I recall, it should work if you upgrade
your SSH client.

This code section seems particularly useful:

/* XXX - punt on backward compatibility here. */
case SSH_CMSG_HAVE_AFS_TOKEN:
  packet_send_debug("AFS token passing disabled before authentication.");
  break;

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]