[OpenAFS] AFS and Checkpoint

Matthew Andrews matt@slackers.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:31:58 -0800

Lan Zhang wrote:

| Outside of the firewall.

what versions of afs are you using on:
1. the servers
2. the clients inside the firewall.
3. the clients outside the firewall.

also, will your firewall allow fragment packets.
what type of firewall are you using?

we had trouble with a Juniper router that would scan fragment packets
for port fields as though they were full packets, and was dropping any
fragment where the first few bytes of payload matched one of the UDP
port blocking rules. grrnnnn.....

this becomes especially troublesome when mixing older clients with newer
servers, or vise-versa, since mtu negotiation fails.

- -Matt